The CLA family continues to grow and we are excited to introduce our newest team member, Jason Zhu. Jason recently graduated from Deakin University with a Masters in Organisational Psychology and commenced at CLA on the 11th February.
I took the time to get to know Jason that little bit better to find out more about his career endeavours and future goals for 2020.
Leadership is an area of interest I’ve been wanting to pursue in my career, and CLA provides a great way for me to immerse myself in the leadership space. I love psychometric assessments, particularly when used to help drive leadership insights in how personality shapes and influences leadership ability. Given this is a space that CLA is renowned for, it’s a perfect fit for me to be here.
What aspects of the role are you excited about?
A few things:
- Partnering with clients in areas such as building capability frameworks. Taking a strategic lens and getting involved in conceptual projects. CLA do these things really well, so it will be great to learn from some of the industry’s best.
- Opportunity to enhance coaching skills and work closely with industry leaders.
- Learning how to manage relationships with clients, which is really important for any professional development.
What are you passionate about?
Not literature reviews! But on a serious note – in conjunction with leadership/psychometric assessment, I am passionate about building relationships and broadening my professional network to help others grow, develop and achieve success as leaders.
What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Successfully finishing my formal psychology education (6 years!) and now working in the field that I love.
What are your goals for 2020?
Purchasing my first property and taking on a key CLA account and building a strong client relationship.
Ok, let’s get to the important details to know about you Jason
Given Melbourne’s strong coffee culture, it’s important to know – how do you take your coffee?
Usually it’s a latte, but when I’m feeling a little fancy, I’ll go a piccolo.
How would your friends describe you?
I think they would describe me as fun and outgoing, high energy and approachable. Also competitive, curious and driven. Finally – someone who is overconfident about their karaoke skills.
If you could name three things that are important to know about you, what would they be?
- I’m passionate about taking what I’ve learnt through all my studies and professional experiences and using this to help others succeed at what they do
- I love nothing more than spending time with friends and family
- I am equally obsessed with Basketball and finding the best Melbourne burger joints
How do you like to spend your spare time:
Other than spending time with family and friends, I enjoy checking out the latest movies and travelling around the world.
If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
This is tough to choose, I’d probably say South America. I know that’s pretty broad but it’s one of the only two continents I haven’t been to.